The Alliance for Biking and Walking and the Los Angeles County Bicycle Coalition have joined forces to host a bootcamp in Los Angeles for cycling advocates from Friday, October 14, 2011, through Sunday, October 16, 2011. It’s called Winning Campaigns Training.
The Alliance’s Winning Campaigns Training is a three-day boot camp for bicycle and pedestrian advocacy organizations. This action-oriented workshop gives novice and veteran advocates the tools to create and manage powerful campaigns to increase biking and walking in their communities. Our proven curriculum is led by longtime advocates and national experts with firsthand experience conducting — and winning — bicycle and pedestrian campaigns.
At Winning Campaigns Trainings, you’ll learn how to:
- Choose the right issue
- Set realistic but visionary goals
- Choose the best strategies, tactics and timelines
- Map out the power structure in the community; support and leverage allies; neutralize and convert enemies
- Communicate effectively, reaching the right audience with the right message through the right media
- Raise money for the campaign
- Strengthen your organization for the next, bigger victory!
I’m signed up to attend, but it would be great if others from the Antelope Valley cycling community register to go as well. Sign up here.
I’ll be posting this information to the High Desert Cyclists’ Google group and the AV Bicycle Coalition page on Facebook, asking for help with this “homework,” so that we gain as much as possible from this training.